This is the Wellfleet Rail Road Station as it appeared at the turn of the century (circa 1900). In 1870 the Old Colony Railroad reached Wellfleet. There were two railroad stations in town. The South Wellfleet Station was located where the South Wellfleet General Store and the South Wellfleet Post Office is now. The Wellfleet Railroad Station was located where Mac’s Shack and the Harmon Gallery are now at the intersection of Commercial Street and Railroad Ave. The remains of the railroad trestle and causeway where it crossed the Duck Creek portion of Wellfleet Harbor can be seen immediately behind the Harmon Gallery.
Wellfleet Railroad Station Circa 1900
by Steve Lam | Nov 25, 2014 | History | 0 comments